Club Volleyball FAQs
WHEN ARE EVALUATIONS AND WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
We are having two Try Us Out clinics for 14&Under; October 30th at 2pm and November 1st starting at 6pm. These clinics are designed to give players the opportunity to try our club out before deciding if they would like to play for Next Level. On November 6th we will have our Team Placement for all 14&Under players at 2pm. Players wanting to play for Next Level will be required to be at Team Placement on November 6th and must turn in their Commitment Letter and $200 Deposit prior to being placed on one of our teams.
For those playing 15&Up we will have one Try Us Out day they can attend; October 30th at 4:30pm, then our Final Evaluation will be on November 6th at 4pm. For our high school teams, players will try out on the 6th and at the end of the try out they will be notified of what team they have made. At that point, their Commitment Letter and $200 Deposit are due.
|Sunday, October 30th||Tuesday, November 1st||Sunday, November 6th|
|12&Under – 2-3:30||11&Under – 6-7:15||12&Under – 1:30-3:30|
|14&Under – 2-3:30||12&Under – 6-7:15||14&Under – 1:30-3:30|
|15s&16s – 4:30-6:00||13s&14s – 7:30-8:45||15s&16s – 4:00-6:00|
|17s only – 4:30-6:00||17s&18s – 4:00-6:00|
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT FOR CLUB VOLLEYBALL?
All teams will practice for two hours, twice a week with the exception of 11&Under teams, they will only practice 1.5 twice a week. JUNIOR teams (typically 11s & 12s) will attend approximately six tournaments, the season is 8 to 12 weeks long. JUNIOR ELITE Teams (typically 13s & 14s) will attend six to ten tournaments, the season is 12 to 16 weeks. ELITE teams (typically all high school) will attend ten to twelve tournaments and the season is 16 weeks. For teams that qualify for nationals they will participate in an extended season.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JUNIOR AND ELITE TEAMS?
- Junior Teams will attend tournaments in Lubbock and possibly one tournament in Amarillo.
- Jr. Elite Teams will attend tournaments in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland and possibly the Regional Championships.
- Elite Teams will attend at least one or two National qualifiers, two Regional qualifiers and compete in the Regional Championship tournament for the chance to attend the National Championships. These teams will be age divisions 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18s.
WHEN WILL WE FIND OUT OUR PRACTICE AND TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE?
Practice days and times, as well as the tournament schedule will be decided upon during each team’s parent meeting. Parent meetings will be held during November prior to Thanksgiving break.
WHEN DO TEAMS PRACTICE?
Once teams have been formed, each team will have the opportunity to pick their practice time and days during their team’s parent meeting in November. Practice times and days are also determined by court space availability.
WHEN ARE THE TOURNAMENTS?
Tournaments are generally on Saturdays. Two day tournaments are on Saturday and Sunday. Some tournaments for Divisions 1,2 &3 are held on Sundays. During each team parent meeting we will choose the tournaments each team will attend.
WHAT IS THE APPROXIMATE COST?
- Junior teams – $750-$900*; 8 to 10 week season and includes six to seven tournament fees, uniform package, coaches’ stipend, court rental and administrative fees. Plus, $55 USAV membership fee.
- Junior Elite teams – $1000-$1200*; 12 to 16 week season and includes eight to ten tournament fees, uniform package, coaches’ stipend, court rental and administrative fees. Plus, $55 USAV membership fee.
- Elite teams – $1600-$2000*; includes two National qualifiers, two Regional qualifiers, Regional championship and 2-3 one or two day tournaments, uniform package, coaches’ stipend, court rental and administrative fees. Plus, $55 USAV membership fee.
*Totals are only an approximate cost and based on previous years. Each player’s cost is based on the number of tournaments their team attends and the length of their season.
CAN I MAKE PAYMENTS?
Yes. All payment arrangements are drafted on the 15th of the month from your bank account or credit card. Junior Teams have the option of two, three, or four payments; 1st payment starts December 15th. Jr. Elite and Elite Teams have the option to make up to five payments; 1st payment starts December 15th. Special payment arrangements can be made by speaking with the Club Director.
IS FUNDRAISING AVAILABLE?
Yes. We will be offering the Mixed Bag Fundraiser and possibly one other. We also offer sponsorships. Players can ask businesses or individuals to sponsor their club season by purchasing advertising for $300. All of the profit goes directly to the players’ balance.
WHAT IS THE DEPOSIT AND COMMITMENT LETTER?
The deposit is $200 and the $200 goes towards your child’s balance and secures their spot with Next Level and is their signed commitment to play with Next Level for the current club season. In the event your child decides not to play with NLVC the deposit is nonrefundable. By signing the commitment letter you agree that your child is committed to NLVC during the current club season and you agree to pay your child’s balance whether your child finishes the season or not.
WHAT AGE DIVISION WOULD MY CHILD PLAY IN?
Please see AGE DEFINITION CHART